• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pacer in Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan01n

I remember I saw a picture of a pacer in Peterborough in Regional Railways livery. It is in a magazine. I wonder in the last few years are the any pacers visit Peterborough again. (I know the current toc operate into PBO do not use pacers, but I just wonder in unusual cases)
Jonathan:)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I wonder in the last few years are the any pacers visit Peterborough again.
You're asking: Have any Pacers visited Peterborough in the last few years?

Possibly on very rare empty coaching stock (ECS) workings; I think I recall a thread about an Arriva Trains Wales (ATW) Pacer having some work done at Doncaster (?), which was unusually pathed via the North London Line (NLL) a few months ago. I can't find it now though...

Failed Unit

Established Member
Years ago under regional railways there was a service from Sheffield- Peterborough via Lincoln. Normally operated by a class 101 DMU.

It is possible that a Pacer may have substituted that run.

But I don't know if they are cleared beyond sleaford. Pacers definitely made it to sleaford under BR. If they never cleared the line they would have terminated it at sleaford if such a substitution happen. I recall back then I got my first ride on a 156 in Lincolnshire because of a class 101 substitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.