• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Parking advice - travelling from Bristol to St Pancras in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

philmo

We are travelling very early on Eurostar in December so have planned to stay over and travel to London (from Bristol) the night before.

We will be away for 4 nights, so I had planned to drive to the outer London and park and then tube in.

Someone had suggested Ickenham is a good place due the location and security of the car park.
We will drive up in the old banger ! - but could do with it being there when we are back 8-)

Any advice would be much appreciated in terms of other locations to park etc.

Many Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike99

Using Ickenham as an example, TfL shows first Metropolitan Line from Ickenham departs Mondays to Saturdays at 05:16 arrives Kings Cross St Pancras 05:58. How does that fit in with your check in time for Eurostar?

philmo

Timing is fine, we have a hotel (which might be interesting as its not quite the Ritz) around the corner from St Pancras. We need to be at the station around 4:40am, so main point is the night before where
are we best driving to and then getting the tube. Just a case really of a secure car park.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
lckenham is cheaper than Hillingdon anyway (except on weekends and bank holidays when it’s the same price). lt’s not even 5 minutes further off the A40, except during the evening peak when it can easily take an extra 15 Mins.

philmo

Sounds like the way to go then - unless there's anywhere closer but I guess the benefit will be offset by driving time.

From what I can see whilst on some TFL sites you can pay ahead you can't as such book spaces ahead. So I presume from memory its just a case of turning up, and as it will be mid evening I
would imagine it should be ok for space. I can then pay via PAYBYPHONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.