• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Part time/ job share train driving...

Dax1983

Hello again! I posted quite recently about changing my career as a train driver. I also wanted to gather if any drivers (or railway staff in general) have taken part time/ job share and have enjoyed the position more, or taken on a completely different role on the side? Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
Some people do job share and some do go part time so it is absolutely doable. It does however depend on whether it fits with the needs of the business.

Some part timers have the same set of shifts and it could get a bit monotonous. Not sure how the job share works though.

Didn’t see your previous post. Are you a current driver looking to reduce hours or are you looking to get into the grade, which could be harder as a newbie.

the stripler

Hello again! I posted quite recently about changing my career as a train driver. I also wanted to gather if any drivers (or railway staff in general) have taken part time/ job share and have enjoyed the position more, or taken on a completely different role on the side? Many thanks!
I work part time now as opposed to full time.
I do same 3 shifts 3x10hrs.
I think depends on your toc and wether it fits in with their business plan etc as to getting an agreement from them