• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Passenger Charter/Delay Repay - Applicable to planned Rail Replacement Buses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hi,

There's been a lot of talk on Twitter today about the lack of compensation for the M11 being shut (due to an accident) and thus the Stansted Express rail replacement buses being heavily delayed.

Greater Anglia are insisting that their Delay Repay scheme doesn't cover Rail Replacement Bus delays, where these buses are planned due to engineering works.

1. Are they allowed to specify that their Delay Repay scheme excludes RRBs? (I suspect the answer is yes at present...)

2. Is this commonplace across all TOCs?

2a. If so - do people think should there be any regulations put in place to force TOCs to change their guidelines on this?

Genuinely unsure about this as can see both sides of the argument! :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Is there a delay to your journey? All RRBs have scheduled departure and arrival times.

I think you have your answer. ;)

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks!

(I think someone from GA has had a word with the person tweeting - they got the right answer when I asked a few minutes ago on Twitter! :P )

I had the same issue with Southern regarding RRBS. Just gently mentioned Passenger Focus is my best advice to you! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.