• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paying £150 because of illness/missing stop: Is that fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredder1

Established Member
Mod Note: Posts #1 - #9 originally in this thread.

Hello guys
Thankyou much to all of you. I get alot of help from here. And my case had been resolved . The thameslink agreed with me to do an out of court settelment and told me to pay 150£ which i paid without any hesitation and i am too much happy that this matter resolve out of court

£150 fine for being ill and falling asleep, what sort of country do we now live in!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
OK let me put it simpler and easier to understand, he was ill, fell asleep and its cost him £150 quid, yes!
He travelled beyond the distance for which he had paid his fare and agreed with the TOC to pay £150 rather than have the case evaluated by a Magistrate. Yes.

Clip

Established Member
He fell asleep ill, and it cost him £150, dress it up as you feel fit, it doesnt change anything

It really does. najaB hasn't dressed anything up - you have with your lack of knowledge of the law.

najaB

Veteran Member
He fell asleep ill, and it cost him £150, dress it up as you feel fit, it doesnt change anything
The OP was perfectly free to present the case in court and allow a magistrate to rule on the evidence provided by both sides. They chose not to.

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
Whilst I agree what your saying shredders sadly railway law does not see it that way. Look at it from a companies point of you you buy a ticket from A - B which cost for argument sake £2.50 but you wish to travel to C a ticket price from A - C costs for argument sake £10. How many people do you think try it on daily by “falling asleep” to save them money then wake up when they arrive at station C. Now I am not for one minute suggestion that is what the person in saidbthread has done far from it but I am making this post in a way that you can see it from the other perspective than the one you only seem to be looking at.

Yes £150 is excessive but as has been stated before the OP choose to go that way rather than the stress of going to court to defend there situation.

The main thing to look at here is the OP is happy the matter is closed and they can put the stress and worry aside now knowing that the matter is closed

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I don't see anything to be gained by keeping this thread open the way things have gone.

The answer to the originally posed question is in Posts 2, 4 and 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.