• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Piccadilly Line to Uxbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
On the Saturdays when I go to Uxbridge from South Kensington there are never any direct trains there as I have to change at Rayners Lane. But the train that comes in has people alredy on it, where on earth did it come from?! I've let a number of trains past at South ken with all of them terminating at Rayners Lane. I'm well confused!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
I know this maybe a stupid suggestions but maybe you are picking up Metropolitan line trains

Tubeman

On the Saturdays when I go to Uxbridge from South Kensington there are never any direct trains there as I have to change at Rayners Lane. But the train that comes in has people alredy on it, where on earth did it come from?! I've let a number of trains past at South ken with all of them terminating at Rayners Lane. I'm well confused!

So to clarify when you're doing the return journey and catch a Piccadilly train at Rayners Lane back towards South Kensington, it arrives at Rayners Lane with people on it, but you've never seen an Uxbridge-bound train at South Kensington on a Sunday?

You're just unlucky I think!

Piccadilly Line does run to Uxbridge on Sundays, but only every 20 minutes. The Uxbridge and Rayners Lane trains alternate, both a 20 minute service (i.e. 10 minute headways between Ealing Common and Rayners Lane).

Just use TfL journey planner... It appears the Uxbridge trains leave South Ken at 2, 22 & 42 minutes past the hour.

GodAtum

On Moderation
The train from rayners lane was definitely Piccadilly 1973 Stock not the A stock.

I'm going from South kensington - Rayners Lane - Uxbridge on a Saturday. The Piccadilly train from Rayners Lane - Uxbridge has people on it so I'm confused as to where it came from as I could not catch it from South ken.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
When it comes to the Uxbridge branch, I'd always take the first train then change onto the Metropolitan at Rayners Lane. The demand for services to Heathrow is such, that the UXB branch will always lose out. I seem to recall reading that there had been proposals to terminate all Piccadilly services at Rayners Lane and install an additional siding there to facilitate this, but I can't remember where I read this, so whether it is part of the future upgrade programme or not, I don't know.

DavyCrocket

The trains to Uxbridge run every twenty minutes (a bit more frequent in the peaks).
In the morning though some do start from Hammersmith, Acton Town and South Harrow, so always go as far as possible.
In fact on a Sunday morning, there's no trains from central London towards Ealing Common for quite a while.

As to Rayners Lane, about five years ago (when upgrades via PPP were still alive and kicking) there was a rather firm plan to have a new platform on the westbound line for trains ex South Harrow. There were lots of diagrams, plannings and applications to change the station layout and whatnot.

GodAtum

On Moderation
The trains to Uxbridge run every twenty minutes (a bit more frequent in the peaks).
In the morning though some do start from Hammersmith, Acton Town and South Harrow, so always go as far as possible.

Ah OK, that might explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.