• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Please help with finding a video of narrow gauge steam railways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo555

If this is in the wrong please report/move - apologies in advance.

I am looking for a VHS of narrow gauge steam. It was a compilation of railways around England, Wales and the Isle of Mann.

It included the Groudle Glen, Vale of Rheidol, Romney Hythe & Dymchurch , Launceston, Bala Lake, Ffestiniog and a fair few others.

Narrated by a serene gent and I think was produced in the 2000's. I'm basing this on the commentary where he said 'the turn of the century, the previous one that is' in reference to arrival of an engine on one of the railways in the 1890's.

If this jogs a memory for anyone I'd be very grateful if you could comment even the name of the video or similar to help me track it down.

Thank you very much

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
There was a Britain's Preserved Railways series of four, one-hour long episodes narrated largely by Bob Symes in 1994, each covering one of Scotland, Wales, Northern and Southern England.

Not sure if these are what you are thinking of, but the Wales episode is available here if you want to check:

And the Northern England episode is here:

Leo555

@sprinterguy thanks for the link. I've had a look at these. Its along those lines, but I think it was more recent.

I have to say the narrator in the video I'm looking for was similar in style and tone to the one in you link "Robert Symes" but the video was without a woman as well.

I'm going to keep thinking on from what I can remember and will add if I can recall anything else.

I'm adding the Lynton & Barnstaple and Welsh Highland and Talyllyn to the list.

Thanks very much will keep going!

Status
Not open for further replies.