• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Powerpoint on Edinburgh to Glasgow shuttles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten2340

I'm travelling from Newcastle to Glasgow in March and for cheapness changing at Edinburgh. Can anyone tell me if Scotrail has powerpoints on the Waverley to Queen Street shuttles?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I'm travelling from Newcastle to Glasgow in March and for cheapness changing at Edinburgh. Can anyone tell me if Scotrail has powerpoints on the Waverley to Queen Street shuttles?

only if traveling FC im afraid. Powerpoints and increesingly wifi (as its rolled out) are offered on XC Voyagers to central. You may get a cupple of AP's on that route if the times etc fit.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hello

Could you expand on the term 'powerpoints' please?

Cheers,
TP

EDIT: Ignore, I read it as powerpoints, eg what you produce with a well know microscoft programme :oops: I know what you mean now :|

TP

Kryten2340

only if traveling FC im afraid. Powerpoints and increesingly wifi (as its rolled out) are offered on XC Voyagers to central. You may get a cupple of AP's on that route if the times etc fit.

Nah to get it as cheap as chips we're going East Coast to Edinburgh and then Scotrail to Queen Street. Not to worry it's only an ipad so i can keep it charged when on East Coast and then the battery should last until I get to Glasgow.

Cheers for answering though.

Hello

Could you expand on the term 'powerpoints' please?

Cheers,
TP

I meant a wall socket to charge my phone, ipad etc but the above gives me the answer.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
If you've just got off an EC train, then I'd hope your phone and iPad should last the fifty minutes or so to Glasgow...

Nym

Established Member
Assuming the OP means BS1363 Sockets then as above, the're only in FC on ScotRail Services, or in Standard on EC and XC Services from Central, but these services are much less frequent and take much longer.

table38

Established Member
I have seen people sat on the floor using the cleaners sockets by the doors on the Scotrail 170s.

If it fries your laptop or mobile, I was never here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.