• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Question about Thameslink Programme

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitha1

When the Thameslink Programme is finished will all the Great Northern routes from Peterborough, Cambridge and King's Lynn be diverted onto Thameslink from King's Cross?

Also will the new Thameslink services which are planned to places like Littlehampton, Eastbourne and East Grinstead from 2015, are these services going to replace Southern services?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave R

what'll happen to the suburban platforms at KX should they put all the GN services through the thameslink tunnels and to destinations in the south?

philjo

Established Member
I think the fast Cambridge/Kings Lynn services will still use Kings Cross - it look like these services will be using the half sets of electric IEP stock.
I assume some peak hour services will also run out of KX

tbtc

Veteran Member
I understood that the half hourly non-stop Cambridge service (which extended to Kings Lynn hourly) would stay at KC, but that the four "semi fast" an hour that run north of Welwyn (half hourly to Peterborough/ Cambridge) would move to Thameslink.

If all these "Great Northern" services were to move, then would this affect the Moorgate stoppers (which use KX at weekends etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.