• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railway Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
There's no such thing as a free lunch. For those of you who wish to try this, beware:

• They want to know who you are from the outset (Google account id etc..)
  • It involves waiting for a code to be sent to you before you can download - I had to try twice
  • They then want you to download the "Epic Games Launcher" - I assume this is a bit of software that will try to start when Windows starts and adds to the general PC cluttter.

Iskra

Established Member
It you want to try this game for free, there is always the option of downloading it from Steam, and providing you play less than two hours you get a refund if you don’t like it.

Darandio

Established Member
There's no such thing as a free lunch. For those of you who wish to try this, beware:

• They want to know who you are from the outset (Google account id etc..)
  • It involves waiting for a code to be sent to you before you can download - I had to try twice
  • They then want you to download the "Epic Games Launcher" - I assume this is a bit of software that will try to start when Windows starts and adds to the general PC cluttter.

Of course they want to know who you are, which games service doesn't? Absolutely no need to give them your Google account information though, one of the many options to sign up is via email.

You have to download their software to obtain games, again no different than any other games service whether it be Steam, Origin, Xbox App etc. It will probably install to start up with your system by default, this can easily be switched off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iskra

Established Member
Did anyone try this, is the game any good? I’m asking particularly about the UK version

Spartacus

Established Member
You have to download their software to obtain games, again no different than any other games service whether it be Steam, Origin, Xbox App etc. It will probably install to start up with your system by default, this can easily be switched off.

When I installed it there was an option available there to choose if it would start up with my system, which I thought was a nice touch which I can't remember seeing before.

Darandio

Established Member
Did anyone try this, is the game any good? I’m asking particularly about the UK version

I'm quite liking it having just completed the first campaign. It's very much in the mould of games you've probably played before, things like learning to lay tracks using the flattest possible route and building tracks and stations to serve industry to make more money. It's fairly story driven with the Transcontinental Railroad always emphasised.

Really good, well worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.