• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Randox Test Results (PCR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelDream

I was wondering if anyone knew about Randox and getting results.

I arrived back in the UK on Friday and dropped my PCR test off at the Randox dropbox on Friday night (the day 2 test). Their site says tests there are picked up at 4pm each day so presumably would have been picked up on Saturday at 4pm.

The issue is I haven't heard anything even though they say they 'aim' to get results by 11.59pm the day after the test is collected.

Well... I did hear something. They emailed me on Sunday morning to say the test had been dispatched even though it arrived on Friday morning. It's quite amazing they can deliver two days before dispatch.

I tried calling them earlier, but after 30 minutes on hold, I just gave up.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cdd89

Established Member
Sample deposited in Waterloo drop box 17/12/2021 12:00.

Sample received by Dunstable lab 17/12/2021 16:51.

Result produced 17/12/2021 23:23.

Silly question, but did you register your sample?

Lewlew

Not all drop boxes are collected on the weekends are they? It might not have been collected until yesterday

TravelDream

Wow, that is rapid. I got this when I registered the sample on the 17/12 at 19:57:

''*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS EMAIL ***
Dear (My Name)

Thank you for registering your Covid19 sample collection kit on the Randox Health portal. We can confirm you have successfully registered with the following details: URN (My URN Number) (Gender: Male and Date of Birth: (My date of birth))

Please ensure you keep this information safe and secure. You will need this information if you have any queries regarding your sample.

Once your sample is received at the Laboratory and Testing is completed a Certificate of Analysis will be provided by Email with your results.

If you have any questions regarding this process or what to do in the event of a Positive, Negative or an Unclear result, please check our FAQ https://www.randoxhealth.com/covid-19-testing-faq/

Please also refer to Local and Government requirements and guidance online. https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Please do not reply to this email

Kind regards,

Randox Health''

Not all drop boxes are collected on the weekends are they? It might not have been collected until yesterday

Their site says samples there are collected daily. No idea if that is right or wrong.

Lewlew

Check the details on the one you used here...

TravelDream

Check the details on the one you used here...

The one I used says this:

''THIS DROP POINT WILL REMAIN OPEN ALL THROUGHOUT THE CHRISTMAS PERIOD.

** PLEASE DO NOT RETURN YOUR RANDOX LATERAL FLOW COVID TEST VIA ANY DROP BOX. YOU MUST ENTER ALL DETAILS ON THE RANDOX CERTIFLY APP TO RECEIVE YOUR RESULTS. **

The Randox Drop box is placed to the left of the main building located next to the coach car park.

This Drop Box closes at 16:15 daily. Multiple collections MAY occur at this drop box location however, if your sample is dropped after 16:15 it will not be collected until the next day.''

Last edited:

Cdd89

Established Member
The issue is I haven't heard anything even though they say they 'aim' to get results by 11.59pm the day after the test is collected.

Did you get your results in the end?

I have just been through the system again, with the following timings:
Deposited in Waterloo drop box27/12/2021 16:05
Received by lab (location: Dunstable)28/12/2021 02:24
Result produced28/12/2021 09:47

I should probably use Amazon as they are the same price with a lot less hassle (delivery to you and return via Royal Mail); but I like Randox as it gives a Reasonable Excuse to walk quite a long way from home.

TravelDream

Did you get your results in the end?

I have just been through the system again, with the following timings:
Deposited in Waterloo drop box27/12/2021 16:05
Received by lab (location: Dunstable)28/12/2021 02:24
Result produced28/12/2021 09:47

I should probably use Amazon as they are the same price with a lot less hassle (delivery to you and return via Royal Mail); but I like Randox as it gives a Reasonable Excuse to walk quite a long way from home.

No, I haven't. I finally spoke to them today after another hour on hold. The person on the phone wasn't particularity helpful. She basically blamed me and said that's all they can do in dispatch another test package to me. They will process it tomorrow and it will likely arrive on the 30th or January 3rd depending on Royal Mail. Totally useless as it will be at least a fortnight back in the UK before I send them the test even if it arrives on the 30th and closer to three weeks if it arrives on the 3rd. It makes a bit of a mockery of the testing regime and border controls. I have been at home and not left since arriving in the UK, but I have seen dozens and dozens of people in that time.

I have no idea how they lost it. I carefully checked I had followed all the instructions and all the labels were firmly attached.

Those times are very reasonable. I'm sure they have a lot of happy customers and are obviously not totally dodgy. They have a fair amount of complaints on Twitter, but they are one of the biggest testing companies in the UK so have a lot of customers. I am not sure I would book with them again though.
Amazon is almost ten pounds cheaper and I know I will be able to get them on the phone/ online chat very quickly if there's an issue. There's also a drive-through test centre not far away which is a very similar price to Randox.

Status
Not open for further replies.