• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reading - London Travelcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richw

Veteran Member
I hold the above off peak ticket for Saturday, am I limited to fgw to paddington or can I use swt to waterloo as well? Just trying to keep my options open for now, thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trc666

If you want both routes on the same ticket you will need ANY PERMITTED routing on the ticket, SLOUGH would be the Great Western route and STAINES would be the SWT route.

LexyBoy

Established Member
Do check the timetable though, it's quicker to walk from Waterloo to Paddington and get a train from there than to go directly from Waterloo! It does make a change though and obviously Waterloo is much more conveniently situated.

On a point of pedantry, note that the Travelcard is for Zones 1-6, not just 1. Not that you'll be likely to use the extra validity :)

If you want both routes on the same ticket you will need ANY PERMITTED routing on the ticket, SLOUGH would be the Great Western route and STAINES would be the SWT route.

I think the only off-peak Travelcard is routed Any Permitted. There is no Slough routeing for walk-on tickets, and the route Staines off peak fares are only marginally cheaper anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.