• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recruitment Ongoing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagster

Greetings,

I have been lurking for a while, gaining information and reading what others have put.
I have registered in order to ask a question regarding Trainee Train Driver recruitment.

I am curious to find out if anyone knows if the TOC/FOC's have stopped recruiting for trainee train driver roles now?
It seems that most TOC's have recently run a campaign and as such I am wondering if that's the end of that for a while or if they are likely/expected to recruit again soon (i.e. within the year)

Thanks and Regards

Kagster

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TDK

Established Member
Greetings,

I have been lurking for a while, gaining information and reading what others have put.
I have registered in order to ask a question regarding Trainee Train Driver recruitment.

I am curious to find out if anyone knows if the TOC/FOC's have stopped recruiting for trainee train driver roles now?
It seems that most TOC's have recently run a campaign and as such I am wondering if that's the end of that for a while or if they are likely/expected to recruit again soon (i.e. within the year)

Thanks and Regards

Kagster

Register with the TOC's email notification list.

Kagster

Thank you for the input, but hasn't really answered the question as yet......

Silv1983

Without checking all the respective websites - which im sure you've already done - if they have stopped recruiting at the moment it may well be down to it being the start of the financial year for them all, and a few TOCs (such as Northern) as only just been granted their franchise extensions to 2016. Things seem to calm down during April whilst the company examines it's financial planning. As soon as the budget and demand is decided - a few will open the doors again. Just keep checking.

Fred Dinenage

As above..save all of the TOC / FOC careers sites to your favourites and check them daily. I'm looking and do this. Speculative letters don't help, I've tried and got a standard " not recruiting as yet, check our site " response.

If you read the threads on here enough you'll find that recruitment for the rail industry takes an age and you'll have to develop the patience of a saint ;D

Kagster

Thank you for your responses guys,

I have actually gone through the entire process and made it to the end with a "High Standard" but let down by a lack of available spots.

I was hoping to take this to either another TOC/FOC in the near future. I do however get the general impression that recruitment is almost done for a fair while.

Talent pools are annoying. it feels so much like silver at the Olympics lol

A-driver

Established Member
Where abouts are you looking? I mean which TOCs are near you? Many TOCs have a big recruitment drive every few years, others continuously recruit. Pretty sure some TOCs around London are still recruiting-FGW and FCC seem to be almost constantly recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.