• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RHTT Allocations 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw.trains.hs

After a pretty good year last year with the Freightliner 66's, colas 66's and colas 56's all on the RHTT during the season, i was wondering if anyone has any gen on what will be allocated to the RHTT this year on what i think is called the "Worcester loop" where it goes from Gloucester Horton road to Worcester shrub hill. any info would be greatly appreciated

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

palmersears

Established Member
The Cotswolds RHTT is likely to be Colas 66s this year, with 56s filling in if required.

Indeed most of the RHTTs are likely to be the same as last year in terms of operators and traction. Only changes that I know of are that DBC have subcontracted the Chiltern route to Freightliner, and the two routes out of Toton are subcontracted to Colas.

_toommm_

Established Member
Assuming Class 20s will be used for the ones starting and terminating at Sheffield again?

Freightmaster

Established Member
Does anyone have a list of RHTT diagrams please?
[DRS]
- Carlisle (2 diagrams: S+C and Tyne/Tees)
- York (2 diagrams: South Yorks and Aire Valley)
- Stowmarket (3 diagrams)

[Colas]
- Gloucester {56s}
- Shrewsbury {56s}

[GBRf]
- Broxbourne (2 diagrams)
- Tonbridge (4 diagrams)

[DB]
- Bescot
- Peterborough (2 diagrams: ECML South and Lincolnshire)
- Didcot
- Margam
- St.Blazey
- Inverness

[DB - subcontracted to Freightliner]
- Acton (Chiltern lines)

[DB - subcontracted to Colas]
- Bristol Barton Hill (Severnside and South Wales Valleys) {66s}
- Toton (East Midlands) {56s}
- Toton (Midland Main Line) {67s}

...26 diagrams in total!

MARK

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
There’s also the ‘Southern’ MPV circuits, I’ve seen a couple out and about on the Netley line last week. But I doubt anyone’s interested in them...

yorksrob

Veteran Member
There’s also the ‘Southern’ MPV circuits. But I doubt anyone’s interested in them...

I used to enjoy seeing the old sandite and de-icing units around Ashford back in the day. I guess an MPV would be something to look at !

theblackwatch

Established Member
Why have DB subcontracted the work out, don't they need it themselves?

DB often subcontracts work out if it can't resource it, as do other firms. Often it goes un-noticed if it is just a traincrew issue - for example, when DB hires in staff from DC Rail, or DRS uses a guard who is employed by DB. There is a fair amount of co-operation between firms!

DarloRich

Veteran Member
There’s also the ‘Southern’ MPV circuits, I’ve seen a couple out and about on the Netley line last week. But I doubt anyone’s interested in them...

No one who writes numbers down in a book is interested in them. Plenty of people are very interested in them. Very interested indeed ;)

Why have DB subcontracted the work out, don't they need it themselves?

There are lots of driver swaps that go on for infrastructure trains that people will never know about. Happens all the time.

Broken70

20007 & 20205 are hauling the Yorkshire set today in place of a pair of DRS choppers. Believe its due to unavailability of the DRS 20 fleet.

SC43090

20007 & 20205 are hauling the Yorkshire set today in place of a pair of DRS choppers. Believe its due to unavailability of the DRS 20 fleet.

They did do as quoted above observed at Sheffield on 0726 Sheffield to Wrenthorpe Recption Sidings

Status
Not open for further replies.