• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotland to Manchester early june

My family and I are going down to Manchester on Thursday 6th june and return on Saturday 8th june. I'm just wondering when the earliest we could hear about train strikes in june and is there any engineering works between Manchester and glasgow/scotland on the Saturday?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
My family and I are going down to Manchester on Thursday 6th june and return on Saturday 8th june. I'm just wondering when the earliest we could hear about train strikes in june and is there any engineering works between Manchester and glasgow/scotland on the Saturday?
Minimum 14 days notice by law, unless mutually agrees otherwise.

I don't believe it has yet come down to as little notice as that though.

TheSmiths82

As others have said two weeks is the law, but I have found they are usually announced in around 2.5 to three weeks before. Is the trip critical if not I would make sure you can book any accommodation on a free cancelation basis and depending on how far in Scotland you are it might be worth booking a cheap coach ticket to Glasgow and Edinburgh. The coach tickets should be very cheap but the prices will increase dramatically if a strike is announced.

Veteran Member
There are no engineering works shown for 8 June Manchester-Scotland.