• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail delay repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackoref

Hi all,
I recently made a journey on Scotrail which was delayed by 30+ minutes. Two of us travelled from Duirinish to Edinburgh.

The tickets used were:-
Anytime Singles from Duirinish to Plockton (£1.05 each)
Advance singles from Plockton to Inverness (£6.20 each)
Off peak returns from Inverness to Edinburgh (£35.65 each)
All tickets with 2 together railcard.

The return journey was not delayed, so I believe I am entitled to half the money for the singles and quarter for the return ie just over £25.

However - trying to claim online from the Scotrail site is a nightmare as the functionality of the form doesn't allow for multiple types of ticket on a single journey. I have tried contacting customer services via their online form (including attaching a photo of all the tickets) but have not received any response at all. This was also the case last time I tried to contact them using the online form.

Does anyone have an appropriate email address I can try for them, so at least I have some traceability of the fact I have made the claim in time should they get awkward about paying?
Any different suggestions as to how I should go about it also much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DuncanS

I've always had an email telling me my application is in the works and have never had a claim turned down.

Jackoref

I've always had an email telling me my application is in the works and have never had a claim turned down.
But presumably you used the specific form on the website?? I wasn't able to use that due to the odd combination of tickets.

DuncanS

I'm .not sure what the problem is. You have 3 separate journeys / legs / tickets, you are asked to enter details for each leg that is delayed.

Jackoref

I'm .not sure what the problem is. You have 3 separate journeys / legs / tickets, you are asked to enter details for each leg that is delayed.

But you cannot specify different ticket type for each leg, only for the overall journey. I would make separate claims, but only one leg was delayed resulting in a missed connection.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm .not sure what the problem is.
If you look at the form you will see what the problem is.
You have 3 separate journeys / legs / tickets, you are asked to enter details for each leg that is delayed.
It's one journey, and there is no option to differentiate ticket types between legs.
That's what I filled out (and also on the previous occasion) but haven't heard anything back (and didn't at all on previous occasion).
My issue with that is the fact that you don't get a copy of your message emailed to you, so I have no proof of the fact I have claimed the refund if they just ignore it.
This is a problem, as if you need to escalate it, Transport Focus insist on having the details of what you sent, as well as a reference number.

TPE are also not sending acknowledgement emails. Someone mentioned this to me, I did wonder if it went into his junk items. But I experienced the same issue.

It's not acceptable but I am not sure there is anyone who has the will and power to get train companies to get their act together :(

Romilly

Established Member
I think it's easier to download the Scotrail delay repay form, currently from here:

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/assets/download_ct/delay-repay-form-single-a4.pdf

and then fill it in by hand and post it off with your tickets. My impression is that the form is machine-read and that the details you give for anything other the simplest possible can lead to an email rejecting your claim, but my experience when that happens is that selecting the option to appeal the rejection gives you the chance to give the full details and can lead to a rapid resolution of the claim. Slightly bureaucratic, maybe, but much quicker overall than some other train companies.

Chew Chew

Last year I had an issue with Scotrail where a late train caused a missed connection and I had a load of split tickets to cover the journey.

When I phoned them they told me to email them taking photos of the tickets I still had, the gates at Inverness had taken one, and include a breakdown of what trains should have been taken as opposed to the ones I ended up taking.

I think the email address was something like [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.