• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Season Ticket help/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyJ

Hi,

I'm due to be starting a new job near Haymarket and have been looking into season tickets. I'd be traveling from Livingston North (or South). Is there an easement that allows travel from either to happen or would I need to go from one or the other (I'd even just get it to cover Waverley if it was easier)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robbeech

Established Member
I’m not aware of an easement and whilst a non season ticket seems to cover both stations it appears a season does not and you have to pick one, someone may be able to correct me here.
A West Calder to Livingston North would cover everything you needed but it adds considerable cost. Bathgate to Livingston South appears to yield no results.

higthomas

If you want this validity, you could get a West Calder to Livingston North season ticket, which is valid West Calder-Livingston South-Haymarket-Livingston North, with break of journey valid at any intermediate station. This would be £400 a year more than from one of the Livingstons.

kieron

Established Member
The West Calder ticket seems a bit expensive to me, when it costs around as much as buying a ticket each day would (a return to Haymarket costs around as much as a single from one line to the other, so that's around the same whichever way you go).

A Livingston North-Kirknewton season ticket is a bit better, at £8 a year more than a season to Edinburgh. Kirknewton probably isn't that convenient, but a Livingston South-Kirknewton anytime day return only costs £4.30, rather than the £9.30 a ticket to Haymarket costs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.