• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern commuter gets £2400 refund from Credit Card company

Status
Not open for further replies.

joncombe

A Southern commuter has managed to get a refund of £2400 (50% of the ticket cost) from his credit card company (American Express) for "non delivery of services". It seems that having kept records showing high numbers of delayed or cancelled trains the card company agreed to a partial refund because the service had not been delivered.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...an-strikes-non-delivery-service-a7532041.html

Not sure if Amex will do a charge back to Southern or if they've paid this out of their own pocket. I wonder if other commuters could succeed in making similar claims? I guess it pays to keep records!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andrew1395

I doubt Amex would seek monies from the retailer of the ticket. They probably make millions in merchant fees from transport operators and would not want to risk being dropped as an accepted card.

Abpj17

I doubt Amex would seek monies from the retailer of the ticket. They probably make millions in merchant fees from transport operators and would not want to risk being dropped as an accepted card.

Depends whether it was Southern direct. They might seek it - especially if more claims come in. Of course, they can drop the merchant...which causes problems too.

Status
Not open for further replies.