• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Split ticketing - change coach 3 times !

Nikki88

I recently booked tickets from Manchester to Aberdeen for myself & two children- for the end of May. I used Trainsplit as it saved a load even with my family railcard.
After receiving the email confirmation- the Manchester Piccadilly- Haymarket leg of the journey has three different seat reservations for us all, in three different carriages - which will be a joy with luggage & two kids. Would contacting TransPennine help - what are the chances of them giving me new seat reservations?? I had no idea this could happen, my return journey is fine - same seats. also this train travels from Manchester Airport so don’t imagine there will be many unreserved seats …thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I recently booked tickets from Manchester to Aberdeen for myself & two children- for the end of May. I used Trainsplit as it saved a load even with my family railcard.
After receiving the email confirmation- the Manchester Piccadilly- Haymarket leg of the journey has three different seat reservations for us all, in three different carriages - which will be a joy with luggage & two kids. Would contacting TransPennine help - what are the chances of them giving me new seat reservations?? I had no idea this could happen, my return journey is fine - same seats. also this train travels from Manchester Airport so don’t imagine there will be many unreserved seats …thanks
You can certainly ask TPE for fresh reservations on the Manchester/Haymarket leg, that shouldn't be a problem as long as the availability is there.

ServerHoster

You can use the tpexpress.co.uk website to book seat reservations on any train company. No proof of ticket is needed and it's free. This could get a better chance of being seated together, in the past when I've booked multiple seat reservations together it's worked most of the time.

1. Log in to your account (or sign up if you don't have one)
2. Press the "View bookings" button
(picture of the TPE account dashboard with "View bookings" button circled)
1711405850844.png

3. Press the "Make a seat/bike reservation" button.
(picture of bookings page with "Make a seat/bike reservation" button circled)
1711405947132.png

4. Just follow the instructions to reserve a seat.

Hope this helps, certainly easier way to do it and you don't need to depend on contacting TPE.
By the way you can use this to reserve a seat on all train companies, not just TPE

Last edited: