• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach Boxing Day service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I prefer the getting hammered

Last time I did that, I woke 36 hours later with a traffic cone, policeman's hat, suspenders and the headrest cover from a GNER first class seat

Did the suspenders come from the policeman?:lol:

In response to some other posts, Christmas Day is December 25th, Boxing Day 26th December, New Year's Day is January 1st and Mayday is May 1st, in the whole of the U.K. These are immutable dates, unless someone chooses to start messing round with the calendar as in centuries past. Bank Holidays are granted in lieu of these dates when they fail to fall on weekdays (Monday to Friday) or, in the case of Mayday, the first Monday in May. There therefore should not be any confusion as to which days are meant! December 28th may be a Bank Holiday, but Boxing Day it is not.

Wolvercoter

Stagecoach South West have special Boxing Day timetables:

1 & 2 in Plymouth
5, 57, A & C in Exeter
12 in Torbay
21 in Barnstaple

T bus ran on Boxing Day a couple of years back but not this year - covered by 57 for the Topsham bit. Nothing for Pinhoe.

No service on New Year's Day.

Stan Drews

Established Member
I believe Stagecoach in East Scotland will have boxing day services, I think the Perth ones are paid for by the council. Fife its a reduced Sunday service, which are paid for by the council with triple rate per hour.

Fife Council haven't supported 26th Dec bus services since 2013. The network that SES ran last year was done so commercially, as will the slightly reduced level they plan to do so again this year.
PKC provide some support for the few Perth area "country services" that run on 2nd Jan, but again SES provide the 26th Dec network commercially.
.....and yes, the Fife drivers get triple time for working on 25/26 Dec and 1/2 Jan.

overthewater

Established Member
Fife Council haven't supported 26th Dec bus services since 2013. The network that SES ran last year was done so commercially, as will the slightly reduced level they plan to do so again this year.
PKC provide some support for the few Perth area "country services" that run on 2nd Jan, but again SES provide the 26th Dec network commercially.
.....and yes, the Fife drivers get triple time for working on 25/26 Dec and 1/2 Jan.

That explains the much better than expect Boxing day service, because I did see the plans for fife council network, and lets just say there were dire.

Thankful Stagecoach so scene in not operating certain stupid routes, which never picked anyone up, Yet Fife council continued to waste good money for no one.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promo...s?hootPostID=9527167b9234ec7c8f64db83f5bbafac

ag51ruk

Trentbarton running a full Sunday service on Boxing Day (which will mean more buses than in previous years) but seem to have found New Year's Day wasn't working for them as no buses this ysar

A correction to this - they had earlier announced a full Sunday service but this has been corrected and is now only a full Sunday service on some Nottingham based roures - with a reduced service daytime only on others and many routes with no service at all. Possibly problems getting drivers to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.