• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Statesman Rail - West Highland & Jacobite Statesman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just booked! Can't wait!

West Highland & Jacobite Statesman

whs01.jpg
PWStatesman_2_Genfinnan.jpg
whs05.jpg

Anyone ever been on this tour, or any tour run by The Statesman? Looks very professional.

I recently did the West Highland Line on The Caledonian Sleeper, but to do this line in some lovely old coaching stock should be amazing. (and in the daylight!)

Gone for first class as a treat for my partners parents wedding anniversary.

Roll on October.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I did the jacobite last summer to Mallaig nothing better than being able to do heads out for photos and filming, its a great line but dont think a 158 does it justice. I need the Kyle line next but will only do it on proper coaches, im hoping theres some tours going up there in the summer along with Oban which im looking to get in at some time. Does look a good tour your going on im sure it will be a cracker

I did the jacobite last summer to Mallaig nothing better than being able to do heads out for photos and filming, its a great line but dont think a 158 does it justice. I need the Kyle line next but will only do it on proper coaches, im hoping theres some tours going up there in the summer along with Oban which im looking to get in at some time. Does look a good tour your going on im sure it will be a cracker

Yeah I can't wait.

I love the Kyle line, but I have to admit that the West Highland Line just edges it, mainly because of the viaducts, and some close curves to get some good pictures of the loco, but saying that I have only done the Kyle line on a 158, I am guessing it would be a different story in a loco hauled train.

In all honesty, there is not a bad line in the highlands, nothing I have ever seen comes close, but everyone has their own taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.