• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station Announcements at Euston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Lewis

Can we not start a petition to do away with automated announcements?!

Anne / Sarah is spreading her wings - she now does even minor stations like those on the Atherton Line.

I'm sure I read on here somewhere that she now does announcements at something like 60% of all stations.

What's really really annoying (and pointless) is, in times of major disruption, she will announce trains as being 127 minutes late. Then when it drops another minute, another announcement will be given straightaway - 128 minutes late. Etc. etc. etc. People stop listening to these announcements anyway, and her voice is just so horrible.

At least when Phil Sayer says "I'm EXTREMELY sorry for the SEVERE delay to this service" - he does sound genuine!

And the announcements on the 333s running towards Leeds are just plain stupid - I deliberately travel on a service from either Carlisle or Morecambe, if travelling from Skipton / Keighley towards Leeds, just to avoid endless repetitive announcements about the train terminating at Leeds.

The best announcements are the manual announcements at Ely - the guy there is bang on. I particularly love it when he announces a train that stops at Brandon - in his lovely East Anglian accent, he announces it as BRAAAAAAAAANDON. How many 'A's can you get into one station name? Magic!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
Who's the stentorian-sounding guy that SET uses, for example at Kidbrooke and Lewisham?

Status
Not open for further replies.