• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam at Leeds - 25-26/8/9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oswyntail

Established Member
Mrs O has been on the 20:05 from Leeds yesterday and today, and has reported seeing a steam hauled train ("possibly green possibly maroon - with ears") departing westward on each evening. Can anyone identify what these workings were, and what the "eared" engines might be? (PS; "Smoke deflectors" if you can't work it out :))

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

monkey

^^I saw that tonight!!! it looked amazing, had a dramatic entrance, I was on the platform opposite side of the island, on s***ty pacer... it was funny watching people unable to open the carriage doors, platform attendant had to open it for them...

43021HST

Established Member
I,m the expert on opening MK1 doors:lol: I have had to do it many times for People in the Mid Hants Railway because I,m a member there.

theblackwatch

Established Member
^^I saw that tonight!!! it looked amazing, had a dramatic entrance, I was on the platform opposite side of the island, on s***ty pacer... it was funny watching people unable to open the carriage doors, platform attendant had to open it for them...

One thing a lot of people forget to do is unbolt the doors at the top before opening them - this is partly because this is a relatively new safety feature added to non-CDL stock on the main line in the past few years.

It's the last week of the Scarboro Spa Express for this season - I'm off out to photograph it in the next hour and will be going for a spin round the Harrogate loop one evening later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.