• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stranded please help asap northern rail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
No idea I'm afraid.

Is there no help point on the platforms?

Earlestown should be run to Merseytravel specifications so the ticket office should be open until the last train, which I assume is what happened since station staff ordered you a taxi.

Harry help

Yeah i just got home. The ricket offixe was open till the last train. However the ticket office clerk ldft at around midnight.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Not litteraly stranded. More a sense of last train cancelled and no orovisions out in. Taxi hasnt turned up yet and the northern operator has gone home.. fingers xrossed

The provision put on was the taxi they got you. You were not stranded in this instance in any sense of the word

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Why do northern keep cancelling the last train?
Lack of available staff is a common cause.

Whilst I don't believe you should have to alter your travel plans due to Northern's incompetence, it would be wise not to rely on the last train at all for the next month or two.

Megabus and National Express both run some late-night coaches which are a lot more reliable.

Harry help

Thats worth looking at. I cant see. To find any late nught coaches to st helens from manchester though.

Status
Not open for further replies.