• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Strange-looking paper ticket

karo

Hiya, today I collected a paper ticket from a TVM (on the GWR network) - a super off peak return, and I was curious about the layout of it.

The format of the ticket is not the usual
ticket.jpg

But instead looks like
original-D45ACE51-07E4-479D-B73A-FA63D6B6A7DD.jpeg

I've never seen this layout before - is it new? I collected the exact same ticket just the other week, from the same station (which looked like the former of the two). The only difference between the two is the website I purchased them through. Does this make a difference to how the ticket is printed? Have they just updated the ticket machines? Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KT550

I got a similar ticket from the LNR machine at Euston late last week. First time I'd seen that format too.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
I've never seen this layout before - is it new? I collected the exact same ticket just the other week, from the same station (which looked like the former of the two). The only difference between the two is the website I purchased them through. Does this make a difference to how the ticket is printed? Have they just updated the ticket machines? Thanks
Technically it's old, being the current iteration of the pre-Common Stock APTIS print format. (Format A1.)

I'm sure the relevant specification had been uploaded somewhere, but Google is failing me at present.

As to why it printed like that, I can only speculate that the machine you collected it from had a glitch and forgot about the common stock layout for some reason.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
There has been a thread about this previously - but I can’t find it with a few quick searches. Almost as if we talk about tickets and TVMs too much on this forum :lol:

kkong

I'm sure the relevant specification had been uploaded somewhere, but Google is failing me at present.

Is the attached document the one you are thinking of?

Rail Delivery Group
Ticket Print Format Specification v06-00 Guidance Notes
Credit Card Sized Tickets (CCST) and Paper Roll Tickets (PRT)
2022-03-16
Version 05-00-C (Draft)

These are the guidance notes which seem to go along with the ticket print format specification itself (RSPS3018).

Attachments

• Print Formats - v06-00 Guidance Notes 2022-03-16.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 55

MrJeeves

Established Member
There has been a thread about this previously - but I can’t find it with a few quick searches. Almost as if we talk about tickets and TVMs too much on this forum :lol:

This one? :p