• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stratford Platform 10A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essexman

Established Member
I waited on the wrong platform for a train to Norwich yesterday, assuming that 10A was part of 10, as is usual (albiet normally lower case).

An annoucement prompted me to move to 10A a couple of minutes before the train arrived, but a lady with a baby and pram only just caught it.

A helpful man from Greater Anglia management told me on the train that it was hard to re-number the whole station to give the recently re-opened 10A a proper number, as several operators use the station. I thought afterwards, you'd only need to re-number those above 10.

Greater Anglia are aware of the problem but some clear notices at the entrances to and on platform 10, saying that this is not 10A, would be helpful.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
The entire set up at Startford is confusing. Unfortunately the almost non-stop changes over the past decade and earlier has seen everything move everywhere - the new NLL platforms, the Jubilee line, DLR (Bow Church line) platforms, the new platforms on the top side of the GEML (p10a etc). I couldn't see it changing whilst all the work was going on, but now the Olympics and other infrastructure is completed, I would hope it would change soon. Having platforms 1 and 2, then 13, 14 and 15 next to each other with the others (plus various subdivisions, such as 4a and 4b) elsewhere is very confusing.

eastdyke

Established Member
The entire set up at Startford is confusing. Unfortunately the almost non-stop changes over the past decade and earlier has seen everything move everywhere - the new NLL platforms, the Jubilee line, DLR (Bow Church line) platforms, the new platforms on the top side of the GEML (p10a etc). I couldn't see it changing whilst all the work was going on, but now the Olympics and other infrastructure is completed, I would hope it would change soon. Having platforms 1 and 2, then 13, 14 and 15 next to each other with the others (plus various subdivisions, such as 4a and 4b) elsewhere is very confusing.

Not to mention that Stratford International SFA is 'a long walk' or a DLR trip.
Connection time at Stratford SRA is quoted as 7 mins (presumably excluding Stratford Int.), whilst at Stratford International is quoted as 20 minutes (presumably including Stratford).

12CSVT

Established Member
Not to mention that Stratford International SFA is 'a long walk' or a DLR trip.
Connection time at Stratford SRA is quoted as 7 mins (presumably excluding Stratford Int.), whilst at Stratford International is quoted as 20 minutes (presumably including Stratford).

Yet it seems to be very close to the north end of platform 12.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Will all the junction and signalling works associated with Crossrail, surely there's scope for renumbering at some point? I guess though there's an issue that the platform numbers are part of the DLR and Jubilee line signalling systems as well

dk1

Veteran Member
I know of a GA manager who has almost missed his train as also though 10A was part of platform 10 :roll: No hope for the customers then!

Eagle

Established Member
I thought afterwards, you'd only need to re-number those above 10.

But the platforms at Stratford go all the way up to 17. And that still doesn't fix the mess of the other platforms (3 and 4a/4b are the wrong way round, there's no 7, 3 and 3a are separate faces for the same track, 1 and 2 are in the wrong place entirely...).

Status
Not open for further replies.