• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sunday tube strike - last services

m00036

Is there a list of the last services tomorrow for the tube strike? They all appear to be in the TfL Journey Planner (e.g. 19:44 is the last District Line service from Richmond) but, other than going through line by line, I was wondering if there was an easier way of working it out?

I appreciate that there's no guarantee the last services will run, especially with the advice being to complete journeys by 17:30 (and, from what I can see, TfL don't make any commitment to actually run 'last services' on normal running days, or indeed to provide onward transport if you're stranded en route either!).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
Unfortunately that will worked on an ad-hoc basis by individual service Controllers, I doubt that beyond the Journey Planner nothing further will be released. Even that information is very fluid in these circumstances.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Is there a list of the last services tomorrow for the tube strike? They all appear to be in the TfL Journey Planner (e.g. 19:44 is the last District Line service from Richmond) but, other than going through line by line, I was wondering if there was an easier way of working it out?

I appreciate that there's no guarantee the last services will run, especially with the advice being to complete journeys by 17:30 (and, from what I can see, TfL don't make any commitment to actually run 'last services' on normal running days, or indeed to provide onward transport if you're stranded en route either!).
Journey Planner is wrong - as Dstock7080 mentions these plans are arranged locally by Service Control teams and remain subject to change.

Last train from Richmond through the road is planned for 1844. A later train at 1934 will run as far as Hammersmith.

Whilst I do have pertinent information for the SSL, as usual I won’t be sharing it in full in the public domain I am afraid.

boiledbeans2

Whilst I do have pertinent information for the SSL, as usual I won’t be sharing it in full in the public domain I am afraid.
Wouldn't it be better if LU clearly published the last train times? Then it would be the customer's responsibility to make sure they can get the last train.

With the current uncertainty, I am sure there will be people who miss the last train on Sunday, and start bashing LU on social media for the bad communication.

bcarmicle

Wouldn't it be better if LU clearly published the last train times? Then it would be the customer's responsibility to make sure they can get the last train.
They've said to complete travel by 17:30, so customers are presumably expected to treat that as the last time they can definitely get to their destination.

D7666

bashing LU on social media for the bad communication.
What, precisely, is unclear, to you, or uncertain, about "complete tube journeys by 17:30":

there will be severe disruption on the London Underground network from the evening of Sunday 7 January through to the morning of Friday 12 January.
  • Sunday 7 January: Tube services will close earlier than normal. Complete Tube journeys by 17:30

Looks a bit like you starting some bashing.

Last edited:

Somewhere

With the current uncertainty, I am sure there will be people who miss the last train on Sunday, and start bashing LU on social media for the bad communication.
Trouble is, if they knew the time of the last train and they published it, everyone would aim for it and not everyone would be able to get on it