• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Swansea Metro Officially launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony263

Established Member
The swansea metro is now operating, although at the moment only 1 FTR is in use with the other diagram being operated using normal buses until the full ftr fleet is in service by august 2009.

Another new point with this FTR metro is that it will be possible to purchase tickets which you can use on the train and on the Swansea metro.

For example from August 2009 you will be able to buy a return ticket from Cardiff to Swansea University or Morriston which will be valid on the train to Swansea and then on the Swansea metro down to Morriston or Swansea University.

I travlled on the opening dya and the ftr was very popular, although some students were confused about not having to pay the driver.

Only problems encountered so far are with few very moany old people living in the morriston area complaing that they cant park their cars outside their houses even though most of them have a driveway and some people dont know how to read the timetable

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DJ_K666

Only problems encountered so far are with few very moany old people living in the morriston area complaing that they cant park their cars outside their houses even though most of them have a driveway and some people dont know how to read the timetable

But you get that everywhere. There are loads of people who like parking out on the road despite having a driveway, and there are laods of people whho can`t read timetables. In the bus industry, we call them runners, as they invariably leave their houses when they see the bus go past.

So, what are the long term plans for the project? Will they be laying new tram lines along the Mumbles? I heard there were plans for Parry people movers to be used. This definitely looks like an interesting project...

anthony263

Established Member
Yes i have heard about the plans to use parry people movers to run a tram service from Mumbles to Swansea.

The trams 4 swansea campaign seems to be gathering strength.

i have driven a bus so i cant say about people running to the bus just as it pases or just stare at you and dont signal that they wnat to get on until u r just about passed teh stop

Status
Not open for further replies.