• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFL Enforcement Officers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumble

The legislation (as opposed to TfL conditions of carriage) doesn’t require masks to be worn on open air platforms or indeed on most platforms covered by a canopy it probably isn’t needed. By the letter of the law they would however be required in ticket halls and thinking of the layout of LU stations I can’t think of many LU stations where you can access a platform without one being required, ones off the top of my head are Chorleywood car park exit, Chalfont station approach exit, West Finchley wheelchair / peak hours entrance to the Southbound platform and Epping wheelchair / peak hours entrance to platform 1.
West Harrow and Pinner rear entrance would also qualify I guess

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
West Harrow and Pinner rear entrance would also qualify I guess
Both of those stations are enclosed (West Harrow has a roof and walls alongside both sides of the steps up to the platform, and the Cecil Park entrance at Pinner is similar).

big_rig

The legislation (as opposed to TfL conditions of carriage) doesn’t require masks to be worn on open air platforms or indeed on most platforms covered by a canopy it probably isn’t needed. By the letter of the law they would however be required in ticket halls and thinking of the layout of LU stations I can’t think of many LU stations where you can access a platform without one being required, ones off the top of my head are Chorleywood car park exit, Chalfont station approach exit, West Finchley wheelchair / peak hours entrance to the Southbound platform and Epping wheelchair / peak hours entrance to platform 1.
West Brompton is another, as there’s an outdoor entrance with a ticket validator. Kew Gardens as well for the Richmond platform :)

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Both of those stations are enclosed (West Harrow has a roof and walls alongside both sides of the steps up to the platform, and the Cecil Park entrance at Pinner is similar).
Worth pointing out that a platform is only considered 'enclosed or substantially enclosed' if it has a roof and at least half of the sides have walls.

So there will be some platforms where no mandate legally applies, despite the presence of a canopy.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Worth pointing out that a platform is only considered 'enclosed or substantially enclosed' if it has a roof and at least half of the sides have walls.

So there will be some platforms where no mandate legally applies, despite the presence of a canopy.
I did make it clear in an earlier post that very few platforms with canopies meet the requirement; this is about the entrances to stations. In fact I’d go further than you and say that I’m struggling to think of many stations at all that are above ground & where they would be mandatory, except in bus shelter type locations. You’ve got those weird wind screens somewhere on the Hammersmith branch (is it Shepherd’s Bush Market?) and a similar contraption at Turnham Green and Stamford Brook. Any more takers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.