• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Pacer Livery Debate - Free Poll available

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacer-pete

The Pacer Preservation Society has just launched a livery poll on its website http://pacer-preservation.webs.com.

Which livery would you like to see a Pacer railbus preserved in? Have your say today!

Also, the PPS site has been revamped again and all comments/suggestions are welcome

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Cheers for that - Just voted :)

Mine would have to be, if possible, 142001 in the now exstinct North Western Trains / First North Western / FGW Livery...Why, Personnaly, i think they've never looked as smart in any other livery! (With the exception of RR)

TGVDUDE

Regional Railways for me, Can't see why Northern Rail has had 30 votes..but if it was on the list for me it would be Valley Lines every day of the week

Phil6219

I went with GMPTE Orange (I notice GMPTE Grey is missing off the list as is the Tyne & Wear livery), though I do like the provincial livery.

I figured we should preserve 4 or 5, each in a different livery. Though if that couldn't be done do a half and half with one side in one livery and the other side in a different one. Airlines have managed it in the past (Northwest & KLM spring to mind) and a few loco's have had double paint jobs I believe - thinking along the lines of a 47?

Phil 8-)

pacer-pete

Regional Railways for me, Can't see why Northern Rail has had 30 votes..but if it was on the list for me it would be Valley Lines every day of the week

I can see what you mean mate - the Pizza box livery is very eye-catching. Didn't include Valley Lines in the options simply because I forgot about it! And just to point out, the poll shows % rather than actual voting numbers so its probably not 30 votes, rather 30% of the votes
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Updated the poll - if you have voted, please vote again because I cant transfer votes across. http://pacer-preservation.webs.com

Last edited:

sprinterguy

Established Member
The list is still missing the Cornish "Skipper" brown/cream livery, Northern Spirit livery and the previously mentioned GMPTE Grey/red/white livery.

I've voted for the original Provincial Services blue livery.

To be honest, it would depend on the class of pacer for me.

Class 142: Regional Railways
Class 143: Valley Lines - red, green & white
Class 144: Metro - red & cream. (Although RR did look nice on them)

HSTEd

Veteran Member
Is there a way to vote for WYPTE Red and Cream?, I like it but I'm not up on terminology from that era.

ACE1888

Although it was a poor attempt at 'GWR' livery, the Cornish 'skipper' livery for me (I did notice it wasn't a choice on the poll by the way!), one good thing about their 'failure' down this way we got a few extra years of 'Heritage' DMU's , no matter how 'rat bag' of a collection it was!

Temple Meads

Established Member
The one I like the most isn't on there - a 143 in Visit Bristol advertising livery, but of the ones there I went for Regional Railways.

Status
Not open for further replies.