• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tilbury station worker stabbed after 'ticket challenged'

Status
Not open for further replies.

High Dyke

Established Member
I haven't seen this posted yet.

A staff member at a south Essex station was stabbed twice yesterday by a passenger after their ticket was challenged, it is claimed.

A Tilbury Town station security staff member was rushed to Basildon Hospital for treatment of a stab injury yesterday (July 13).

Rail workers union RMT claims at the time of the incident station staff were ferried into the ticket office where they could be secure from any further attacks.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: "Officers were called at 4.54pm yesterday (July 13) to reports that a member of security staff had been seriously assaulted at Tilbury Town station.

"They were taken to hospital for treatment to a stab injury and later discharged."

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I hope the victim makes a speedy recovery.

The article doesn't state if the perpetrator was caught; hopefully they will be, if they've not been already.

MCSHF007

Hope a detailed description of the alleged perpetrator can be circulated soon to improve the chances of arresting this scumbag.

Kite159

Veteran Member

The article doesn't state if the perpetrator was caught; hopefully they will be, if they've not been already.
And hopefully if they do get caught, there will be a strong punishment for the stabbing.

Chriso

An awful section of the rail network . A couple of RPI’s were stabbed in the same area a few years ago. Isolated and desolate and a long way I imagine from any BTP

Of course totally agree with this point

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
An appalling incident but sadly incidents like this, along with verbal and physical assaults have increased recently.

Another appalling assault incident on the railway, does anyone know if Tilbury Town has a Gateline? I assume it does as the perpetrator was challenged about their ticket.
Tilbury Town does have a gateline, one on each side of the station iirc

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Another appalling assault incident on the railway, does anyone know if Tilbury Town has a Gateline? I assume it does as the perpetrator was challenged about their ticket.
Yes, the entire C2C network is gated.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There is no excuse for stabbing someone. It doesn't matter what the other person has said or done.

Of course there are some gangsta type people who think that stabbing people who 'disrespect' them is acceptable but such people are absolute monsters who need to be locked up.

Sadly the punishments for violent crime are woefully inadequate in this country.

Bluejays

Thoughts with the victim. Way too much of this kind of happening. Trying to understand the mindset of those who would stab someone for such a trivial reason, very dangerous individuals who need to go down for a long time.

Wolfie

Established Member
Truly appalling but having seen some of the antics around Grays sadly unsurprising. Tilbury does indeed have gates.

Tilbury Town does have a gateline, one on each side of the station iirc
Yes

D821

I'd expect they would have plenty of CCTV of the scrote that did it and hopefully they are caught soon. Hope the victim makes a speedy recovery.

High Dyke

Established Member
I'd expect they would have plenty of CCTV of the scrote that did it and hopefully they are caught soon. Hope the victim makes a speedy recovery.
BTP have issued a CCTV image of a person they wish to speak to regarding the incident. (as referred to in link below.)

CCTV released after station security staff stabbed - Tilbury Town​

15:10 15/07/2022​

Do you recognise this man?

Detectives investigating a serious assault on a member of rail security staff at Tilbury Town station this week are today releasing this image in connection.

Officers were called to the station at 4.54pm on 13 July following reports that a member of staff had been stabbed.

They were taken to hospital by ambulance and discharged later that night.

It’s believed that two members of staff were verbally assaulted by two men who had missed their train. They left the station threatening to return and when they did so, one of them stabbed the member of staff.

Officers believe the man in the CCTV image may have useful information which could help their investigation.

If you recognise him or have any further information please contact BTP by texting 61016 with reference 401 of 13 July. Alternatively they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Wivenswold

Established Member
My thoughts are with the guy, hope he's doing well and surrounded by those he loves.

I was threatened with a knife by a customer when I worked at Barking Booking Office in 1991, I was lucky that I was behind bullet-proof glass so was able to tell him that and then laugh at him and he ran off. I was lucky but we did used to have people hanging around at our door, threatening violence. There's some bad people about.

alex397

Established Member
Gate line staff really don’t get the praise they deserve. You need thick skin for that job.
A shame these ‘gangsta’ types are allowed to exist in our society.

Status
Not open for further replies.