• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Travia] Longest gap between a train and rail replacement bus and vice versa

infobleep

Veteran Member
Laat today, there will be rail replacement buses between North Camp and Shalford and also Ash and Shalford.

In the direction of Redhill, most passengers will have a sheduled 28 minute gap between arriving by bus and the train departing but theybwill be able to spend the time on the train.

This got me wondering, as there ever been any train or rail replacement bus connections, where the gap between either service has been longer than 28 minutes?

I'm talking about planned rail replacement buses as opposed to unplanned ones not running to a timetable but I'll expect any stories on unplanned services, where you have experienced gaps.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greyman42

Established Member
Laat today, there will be rail replacement buses between North Camp and Shalford and also Ash and Shalford.

In the direction of Redhill, most passengers will have a sheduled 28 minute gap between arriving by bus and the train departing but theybwill be able to spend the time on the train.

This got me wondering, as there ever been any train or rail replacement bus connections, where the gap between either service has been longer than 28 minutes?

I'm talking about planned rail replacement buses as opposed to unplanned ones not running to a timetable but I'll expect any stories on unplanned services, where you have experienced gaps.
Yes there will have been. Not so long ago i had to wait longer than that at Northallerton for a RRB to York. There had been problems on the roads which had caused delays for the buses.

1D53

Established Member
As I mentioned in another thread Grand Central have a 4hr 2min connection between train and bus at Doncaster today. Bus from Wakefield arrives 09:20 connecting with the 13:22 train (the bus misses the previous train at 09:11).

infobleep

Veteran Member
As I mentioned in another thread Grand Central have a 4hr 2min connection between train and bus at Doncaster today. Bus from Wakefield arrives 09:20 connecting with the 13:22 train (the bus misses the previous train at 09:11).
Wow. That easily trumps 28-minutes.

I can't imagine that being beaten but if anyone is aware......