• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trivia: KWVR Diesel Gala Rumours and Speculations

CDM Transport

On Moderation
Hello,

Does anyone know of any locos that will/ rumored to be added to the KWVR diesel gala loco guest list?

Also, what class 69 is due to be visiting?

Caleb

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xotGD

Established Member
37250 (xot GD) has been announced on X, but isn't mentioned on the website yet.

I don't have any inside knowledge of further guests.

Two Syphons, two Hoovers and a Western sounds like a decent offering to me. Anything else will be a bonus.

CDM Transport

On Moderation
37250 (xot GD) has been announced on X, but isn't mentioned on the website yet.

I don't have any inside knowledge of further guests.

Two Syphons, two Hoovers and a Western sounds like a decent offering to me. Anything else will be a bonus.
Okay, thanks for the info!

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Also, what class 69 is due to be visiting?
Is it worth speculating on which 69 is visiting?

https://branchline.uk/gen.php says
Thursday 20th, Friday 21st, Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd June 2024
Keighley & Worth Valley Railway Diesel Gala
The following are expected to work D9520, 37075, 37250, 50008, 50021, D1015 (not Thu) and a Class 69 (010?)

However, everyone has seen that 69007 became 69002 for Swanage after technical issues and a late substitution. Operational requirements will, no doubt, ultimately dictate which 69 is provided.

Iskra

Established Member
There is one more locomotive to be announced according to the KWVR twitter. Already a strong line up in my opinion :)

YorkshireBear

Established Member
For anyone who usually watches activities from the bridge over Haworth yard worth noting it will be a bit different this year with trains not under much power in that area due to speed restrictions.

xotGD

Established Member
I'm thinking that something mainline registered will have to drag 37250 to the KWVR, so maybe that will be the final guest?

Iskra

Established Member
I'm thinking that something mainline registered will have to drag 37250 to the KWVR, so maybe that will be the final guest?
My guess would be the LSL Peak, they worked down to the Western Region on Cross Country services didn’t they? So it fits the theme, and they had some LSL loco’s and stock last year so there’s a relationship there.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
My guess would be the LSL Peak, they worked down to the Western Region on Cross Country services didn’t they? So it fits the theme, and they had some LSL loco’s and stock last year so there’s a relationship there.
I would doubt it, they don't get 4 axle locos (I can't remember one) due to curvature at Keighley.

LRV3004

I think they had a freightliner Class 70 at one before, is it usual for them to have repeat visitors like that?
Yes - in the days when DRS regularly supplied locos to the gala, there were always 20s and 37s attending pretty much each year, although a 33 and a 47 attended one year (when DRS had them of course).

YorkshireBear

Established Member
I think they had a freightliner Class 70 at one before, is it usual for them to have repeat visitors like that?
There won't be a 70. I have no idea what it is, not playing a game but know it isn't a 70 or anything else heavy off the main line (heavy for the KWVR anyway). Bridge 27 is being nursed through to its renewal in September.

xotGD

Established Member
I would imagine that a Goyle would be restricted to the 2 coach Ingrow shuttle. Should just about manage that. :D