• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne & Wear Metro Train Care Operatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrocar 4025

Hi All

Has anyone else applied for this position? I recieved my letter last friday for a Interview at Gosforth Depot.

Anyone have any tips and suggestions for the interview?

From what i have read im would be working nightshift at Gosforth Depot cleaning the interior & exterior of the Metrocars and general depot work

Thanks
Scott

:)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone have any advice?

Thanks
Scott

:)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PinkShirtToon

Alright pal, basically safety safety safety ! Talk about HASAWA 1974 COSHH etc. Give examples of shiftwork unsocial hours etc, working as part of team and lone working also going extra mile. Safety is the big one though.

Clip

Established Member
I wouldnt bang on too much about safety safety safety but just that you have knowledge of the relevant parts - if asked and form part of an answer.

Most questions will probably be ' Name a time when you did...' 'Showed excellence in work' .. just basic questions of which you must demonstrate something positive that will give a good showing of yourself and your character.

You are selling yourself so also be conciese in your answers, if you find yourself wittering away then try and stop as soon as to the point.

S Lowes

Does it hurt to know too much about the company?, i dont want to come across as a know it all in the interview :)

S Lowes

Ive got this interview tomorrow morning so just looking for any last minutes tips,

Ive got the following written down,

A bit about me
Info about DB Regio
Example of working as part of a team and working alone
A example of giving great customer service (Not sure if i need that one)
Safety in the workplace
Flexibility

Is there anything else i should prepare for?

Thanks
Scott

Established Member
Any previous experience in cleaning (ideally on an industrial scale). Also any previous railway or depot work, working with chemicals, heavy machinery etc.

S Lowes

Hi All

Just a update to this

Not sure how the interview went to be honest the interviewer basically asked all the questions, didn't ask what i knew about the company or anything like that think nerves got the better of me in the end.

Just called them to see how my application was progressing and if Ive got the position then I'll receive a phone call tomorrow if not then it will be a letter in the post saying Ive been unsuccessful.

17 Applicants for 4 Positions

Thanks for all your help

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.