• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unusual problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rspltd

I have a Hornby 75001 loco and the retaining pins for the wheel driving rods became detached. I now need to reassemble the wheels but cannot get the configuration right. At present the middle set of wheels only oscillate rather than revolving. Can anyone tell me how these go together or supply photos of both sides as it is apparent that the wheels have got out of line with each other and try as I may I cannot get the configuration right. Perhaps I ought to have said that I have tried separating the wheel axles and then rejoining the axles but still cannot find the key. Hope this is clear?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Webb

Established Member
The wheels need to be 'Quartered' - that is each pair of wheels has the crank-pins at 90 degrees to each other. So if all the crank-pins are at 'Top centre' on the right-hand side of the loco, all the crank-pins on the left-hand side should be on the same horizontal line as the axles and 'behind' the axle - that is towards the rear of the loco.

Hope that helps.

rspltd

There is nothing new under the sun it would seem so I can't have been the first to have made this mistake. Saves my blushes to a degree Thanks for the reply. I will try this configuration today
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well I had a go but there must be something else going on as the wheels still don't want to rotate normally. Will have to find a loco doctor methinks! Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.