• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Up yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Failed Unit

Established Member
For now, how long do you think it will be (IF this monstrosity is allowed) before they start trying to raise the limit to say 65 tonnes on the pretext that it wont take up any more road space, as it is already running, we are only increasing the weight and the axle weight will only be the same as a conventional 44 tonne truck, about 8 tonnes!

Looking at the way Denby are trying to force this one through, I guess they will overload it one day saying look it doesn't do any harm running it with 66 tonnes.

Anyone going around Lincolnshire on the rural roads will see what a state they are in, the 44tonnes that are already allowed can't be helping, they were just not designed for such large weights. When I was a lad :lol: it was pretty much only 20 tonne lorry's taking goods too and from farms, now they are at least 33tonne. The screwing of the axle around corners is ruining the corners, I wonder how this beast will treat them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/8388420.stm
A 25.25m (83ft) long so-called superlorry has been blocked from being driven on public roads by police in Lincolnshire....
Definitely a lot more dangerous than a photographer taking a photo of St Paul's at sunset, so for a change, the police made a very good decision in my opinion!

Dick is clearly deluded if he thinks this is "environmentally friendly"; clearly it is not. Freight by road is not environmentally friendly at all. All this will do is encourage the use of trucks instead of trains, and cause "accidents", except they are not "accidents" when someone is liable, and I'd count him as partially liable for the injuries or deaths that inevitably will occur if this disgusting thing is allowed onto our streets.

Swift-Deere

Lol did't think other people would think so

Being serius now it would be nice to see some American and Austrailan Trucks on our road (pulling normal size trailers) Used to to be the bonnited Scanias and Volvos but they stoped making them now only make Cabovers!!!

Established Member
Being serius now it would be nice to see some American and Austrailan Trucks on our road (pulling normal size trailers) Used to to be the bonnited Scanias and Volvos but they stoped making them now only make Cabovers!!!

Euch, no, keep that American crap off our roads.

There are a few bonneted Scanias around, but not many.

Swift-Deere

Euch, no, keep that American crap off our roads.

There are a few bonneted Scanias around, but not many.

Don't American Lorry's make you go WOW!!!

yeh there a few of the bonnited Scanias around but not that many because they stopped makeing them like 3 years back, But Scanias Rock anyway!!!

Spartacus

Established Member
Oh Just the Fact that You have said you hate American Picks up in previous posts and now that you hate American Trucks lol

i think that might have given it away

Been trying to find a pick of the American tow truck owned by Bridge Garage, Ossett, Wakefield.... Now THAT'S an American truck! A transport company I used to work for often had it out when they'd got any breakdowns and it didn't take us long to realise it was longer than half the lorries it collected! Significantly faster too.......

Status
Not open for further replies.