• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VWC S&C diversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has a complete list of what's being expected to run via the Settle & Carlisle line between Carlisle and the North West, on weekends 06/02/10- 28/03/10?

I'm more looking for confirmation on which service are currently booked to be 57+390/ Super Duper Voyagers. :)

11:40 GLC PRE [15:43] appears to be booked for a Pendo, but i'm not sure if there are any others expected to be Pendos?

Thanks in advance. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I didn't think any were 57 + 390.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Well i've seen the 57 route learning t/b running over the S&C almost daily over the last few weeks, which suggests to me that there possibly is going to be at least one service formed of a 57+390 combo?

I didn't see any route learning movements at all last year, which is why i'm guessing the 57 is only used when Pendo's are being planned to run over the S&C, not just the Super Duper Voyagers?

I remember a number of VT staff being sat alongside myself in FC on the very first S&C diversion of 2009, which i'm guessing was an alternative to doing it in a t/b?

Having said that, i think it was more TMs, not drivers route learning that day.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
None of the diversions are 57+390 this year, they're all 221's, but seeing they are only running between Preston and Glasgow, with a change of train required at Preston, it doesn't surprise me.

Virgin used to be top dog when it came to diversions. If a route was available they would use it without forcing a change. Now their as bad as GNER were. No reason why pendolinos cant be dragged of over the s&c.

Status
Not open for further replies.