• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wakefield Kirkgate to Barnsley 1960's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug at lytham

Hi- I am looking for a timetable for passenger trains in 1965 from Wakefield Kirkgate to Barnsley. The time to Horbury Junction is my main interest

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Doug at lytham

Hi Many thanks for responding to my query

I am writing a book about a well known unresolved murder, One witness was a train driver who said he left Wakefield Kirkgate driving a passenger train at 3.45pm on Saturday 9th October 1964 towards Horbury Junction,

I'm looking for confirmation of the 3.54pm time. I'm sure as a driver he would live by the clock and would be right, however the evidence is cructial to my investigation so I need to be 100%.

A photocopy of the timetable would be very much appreciated.

Ploughman

Established Member
The timetable would only give you the booked time not the actual time.
To be 100% certain you would need a copy of the signalman's register from the boxes controlling that stretch of line.
However where these would be now I have no idea.

Veteran Member
Your dates and times are confusing. I presume you mean Saturday 9 October 1965, but was it 1545 or 1554?

Booked departures from Kirkgate were 1554 to Sowerby Bridge, 1601 at Horbury station,
and 1517 and 1601 towards Barnsley.

As ploughman says, without further documents there's no way of confirming the actual time, but I hope this helps.

Doug at lytham

Hi
Sorry I made a real B of that.

It was 1965 and the time was 15.54 thus it would be the 15.54 to Sowerby Bridge via Horbury . Not to Barnsly as I had assumed.Many thanks for that it really helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.