• Dear Guest, and welcome to RailUK Forums. Our non-railway discussion forums are currently restricted until members have five or more posts, and you will not be able to make a new thread or reply to an existing one in this section until you have made five or more posts elsewhere on the forum.

What is the Covid-19 Exit Strategy of 'Zero Covid' countries such as Australia and New Zealand?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pakenhamtrain

What happens if one or more bus drivers test positive?? o_O

MARK
Given the amount of works on the railways over the last 7-8 years we are well versed in running Railway replacement buses.
We have the whose who of buses.

V/Line had some trains running today. Seymour trains were the only one running.

Last edited:

brad465

Established Member
I notice that cases in NSW appear to have peaked and have been declining in recent days (although active cases are still over 14,000), but the situation in Victoria is seeing charges on the rise markedly, helping keep daily cases not far below 2,000 for Australia as a whole.

Pakenhamtrain

Bantamzen

Established Member
The anti vax crazies have managed to get the construction industry shut down for two weeks after trying to start a riot out the front of the Construction Forestry Energy and Mining Union (CFMEU)
Crazy response if you ask me! Talk about cutting off their noses to spite their faces. The covid response Down Under gets stranger by the day!

Pakenhamtrain

Crazy response if you ask me! Talk about cutting off their noses to spite their faces. The covid response Down Under gets stranger by the day!
Basically the government made it mandatory for construction to get at least one jab and the CFMEU agreed to that. A few members were not happy at that and went to HQ. During the day the anti vax lot showed up(The same lot that caused trouble on Saturday protesting in Richmond) and started trouble.

I suspect the crazies wanted the industry to shut down. It employs 300,000 people who are now very angry at the government.

Bantamzen

Established Member
Basically the government made it mandatory for construction to get at least one jab and the CFMEU agreed to that. A few members were not happy at that and went to HQ. During the day the anti vax lot showed up(The same lot that caused trouble on Saturday protesting in Richmond) and started trouble.

I suspect the crazies wanted the industry to shut down. It employs 300,000 people who are now very angry at the government.
So the government wants to teach them a lesson by shutting the entire industry down? Yep, that's crazy! Good job its not the health sector workers involved....

island

Veteran Member
New Zealand has dropped Auckland from level 4 to 3 restrictions where it will stay for at least 2 weeks.