• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

what loco haulage and drags summer specials can we expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliverj8

To forget about it. If the admin fee, plus the difference in price of old ticket to new ticket is more than buying a new ticket straight off, then just buy the new ticket and swallow the cost of the old ticket. Mind you, as you're going through to Plymouth.... probably best to go with the Admin fee and pay the difference!!

Rigghhtt, ok thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
Thank you, I might just try them this year just so I can get the routes they do covered.

route101

Established Member
im surprised no one mentioned the pendo drags between carlisle and glasgow . its not often this happens .i managed to get on the 0942 from glasgow and the 1308 return .

route101

Established Member
well it was sunday. Maybe its happening next sunday. an arriva trains wales 57 was doing the drags aswell or is that just a repainted virgin 57. Some diagrams are voyagers to euston.

Aictos

Established Member
When are these taking place?

Same here, I did Peterborough to Edinburgh via Carlisle on the ECML plus return on the diversions last year so am looking forward to more diversions no matter who the TOC is.

EltonRoad

Here's some extra info.

There are Pendolinos running from Birmingham to Edinburgh, some as direct trains from Euston.

17th July to 4th September, 0619 Birmingham to Edinburgh and 0843 Euston to Edinburgh (1020 from Birmingham) are Pendos.

1052 and 1452 return workings, both to Euston via BHM.

Apparently the 1520 Birmingham to Edinburgh Voyager is supposed to run as a through train from Euston at 1343 but I can't find this in the system yet.

oliverj8

Hi all,

I wrote to Cross Country regarding the HST diagrams, this is what they said:

'Thank you for getting in touch.
Our records show that the 08:04 service from Stafford to Newquay on 31 July 2010 is scheduled to be a HST.
I hope this is useful and thank you again for taking the time to get in touch.
Kind regards'

Hope this helps some of you.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Apparently the 1520 Birmingham to Edinburgh Voyager is supposed to run as a through train from Euston at 1343 but I can't find this in the system yet.

13:43 Euston/15:20 Birmingham N St, arrives Glasgow Central 19:17. ;)

As for XC running the summer Manchester to Newquay services as a 221.. I'm just very glad that I did it in 2008, with a Valenta fitted 43108 at my end of the train IIRC, with MTU'd 43309 at the other. We had a "proper" buffet too, serving hot snacks etc, which appeared to have been supplied by East Coast. I only payed roughly £25 each way FC (With 16-25) Manchester-Newquay, which I think was fabulous VFM.

Status
Not open for further replies.