• Dear Guest, and welcome to RailUK Forums. Our non-railway discussion forums are currently restricted until members have five or more posts, and you will not be able to make a new thread or reply to an existing one in this section until you have made five or more posts elsewhere on the forum.

Where will we be able to go Abroad restriction free from May 17th ?

danm14

So fully jabbed still can't go anywhere at no extra cost? I.e only have to present your proof of vaccination. I have a lft kit at home. I can use that before departure and after my return.
Other than Ireland, which is treated as part of the UK for the purposes of travel restrictions on return, and which imposes no restrictions on fully vaccinated arrivals from the UK, no.

You can't use a free NHS lateral flow test for travel. You'll be denied boarding without proof of a negative non-NHS test, and can't complete the passenger locator form without a booking reference for a private test after returning.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LAX54

Established Member
So fully jabbed still can't go anywhere at no extra cost? I.e only have to present your proof of vaccination. I have a lft kit at home. I can use that before departure and after my return.
As far as I can work out, may need PCR outbound if that Country wants it, but no PDT, and on return a LFT on the 2nd day, someone on here said that, it had to be a supervised one, not an NHS self test version.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Its all very "seen to be doing something" all these testing requirements for international travel. We were told that "vaccines were the way out of this". I now find myslef asking the question "way out of what?"

johncrossley

someone on here said that, it had to be a supervised one, not an NHS self test version.
That was referring to those private providers, such as the popular C19, which currently allow you to take the test wherever you want, for example at home or in your hotel room, without anyone verifying whether you are doing the test correctly. You simply upload a picture of your test next to your passport. This kind of test may no longer be allowed if indeed tests need to be 'supervised'. Other providers check you are doing it right by using a video call.

island

Veteran Member
No need, just get a connecting flight, you clear immigration in England and are subject to their testing regime.

Scotland's differing policy only apples to direct flights from abroad that land there.
Scotland’s policy applies to anyone entering Scotland, by any route, who has been outwith the Common Travel Area in the past 10 days.

If you go France-London-Edinburgh without a test you’ll be committing an offence.

How likely it is that this will be detected is of course a separate matter.

Only Ireland.