• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where's Boris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nedchester

Established Member
That was primarily a matter for government rather than individuals, politicians have had a month in which they could’ve tightened lockdown conditions or reduced further the number of business allowed to operate

Yes they should acted earlier and the lockdown conditions are about right but will need to be loosened in the near future.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nedchester

Established Member
According to The Telegraph, Boris will be back in Downing Street on Monday and is scheduling meetings with cabinet ministers for next week. Its probably not a full return but at least a step up from supervising Raab from Chequers. It does seem to point to loosening the lockdown once the current one ends in two weeks time. It looks like he will be back in full control to authorise and implement the changes the government scientists think can be done.

“According to the Telegraph” the thinking man’s copy of The Sun......

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I am glad Keir Stammer is focusing on constructive criticism. I am getting sick of social media (and some mainstream media) deciding that the latest Boris or Tory error is going to be catastrophic for them. How did that work out in December? Stammer knows that he will be judged on 4 and a half years as leader of the opposition, looks like he is dragging the Labour party back toward traditional opposition and preparing for an election in 2024 not this year.
If you're expecting people to show a degree of respect to Boris, can you do the same to the leader of the opposition by getting his name right?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
We're in danger of getting off-topic here and going over ground covered in other threads. This thread isn't another venue to air grievances about the lock down and it's enforcement.

RichT54

According to The Telegraph, Boris will be back in Downing Street on Monday and is scheduling meetings with cabinet ministers for next week. Its probably not a full return but at least a step up from supervising Raab from Chequers. It does seem to point to loosening the lockdown once the current one ends in two weeks time. It looks like he will be back in full control to authorise and implement the changes the government scientists think can be done.

While I welcome the news that Boris' health is improving, I can't help but notice that the information given in the Telegraph report is all coming from unnamed "allies" and sources and not from an official spokesperson.

It's also interesting that at least one of their sources echoes what I stated in my OP about the lack of leadership.

One senior source said: “Our problem we’ve got is there is no leadership at the moment. You’re getting factions because Boris is not back.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...riends-will-return-work-monday-amid-disquiet/

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
You see I wasn't very worried about how Boris was, then Trump said that he's doing well and now I'm expecting him to return to the ICU at any moment:

Donald Trump has revealed that Boris Johnson is sounding ‘incredible’ and back to his old self after beating coronavirus. Speaking at the White House Thursday, President Trump said: ‘He called me a few days ago. I will tell you he sounded incredible. I was actually surprised, I thought he’d be like (affecting exhausted voice) “Oh, Donald, how are – “, he was ready to go. I’m very surprised to tell you this.

‘It’s like, the old Boris, tremendous energy, tremendous drive. I was very surprised, because he called me pretty close to when he got out of the hospital. I think he’s doing great. He was so sharp and energetic. Pretty incredible. He’s an incredible guy. He’s a friend of ours and a friend of mines…they’re lucky to have him over there.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/24/dona...elf-beating-coronavirus-12602656/?ito=cbshare

Domh245

Established Member
Perhaps it was the new treatment involving an injection of bleach that helped him recover so quickly (!)

Carlisle

Established Member
I'm sorry but Johnson is keeping his head down during a period of bad news.
Not forgetting he & his team were accused of similar tactics during the recent Tory leadership election campaign

Last edited:

RichT54

Downing Street has downplayed the report in the Telegraph.

Doubts have been cast on Boris Johnson’s rumoured return to frontline politics on Monday, with Downing Street saying he is yet to work on his “red box” of official papers as usual and is being guided by his medical team.

However in a sign the prime minister is easing back into work, his official spokesman said he was regularly receiving updates to the coronavirus response and had calls with the first secretary of state, Dominic Raab, and the health secretary, Matt Hancock.

On Johnson returning to frontline work next week, the spokesman said: “He is speaking with colleagues and he is receiving regular updates, but in terms of when he is actually able to get back to work in No 10, he will take the advice of his medical team on that.

“He is receiving updates on the response and he has been taking part in the call with the president and had his audience with Her Majesty but he’s not doing red box in the usual way, no.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...unds-incredible-ready-to-go-says-donald-trump

Status
Not open for further replies.