• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Who's still travelling on trains?

Who's still travelling on trains? (Regulations as of 29th March, Lockdown = 24th March)

• No: haven't travelled by train since the lockdown (or earlier) & won't anytime soon

Votes: 86 81.9%
  • No: but had to initially after the lockdown

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • No: but anticipate doing so during lockdown at some point

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Yes: but anticipate/hope to stop doing so soon

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Yes: and will need to do so for as long as current regulations exist

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Other (post below!)

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuccir

Established Member
No judgement implied in this question: many of you will be key workers, including railway staff, who need to use rail to get to work or other commitments.

But still - an interesting twist here is that a forum of train/rail fans and enthusiasts must now largely consist of people who do not use trains! So I'm interested to know what percetnage of us are still travelling by rail?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

baz962

Established Member
Train driver , have to use train's to get to my depot. Mind you , I use Thameslink and I have been having coaches all to myself .

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If the only risk was to myself at the present published risk level for my age group, I'd go off and play on the nice quiet trains. As it's more about others that's not on, though, so I'm not.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've been travelling to and from work. Not noticed them being any quieter than normal at the times I've been travelling, although by virtue of the fact the service is significantly less frequent then there are fewer customers about. One thing that is noticeable, is the fact that the stations are a lot quieter!

brad465

Established Member
My last journey was between Maidstone and Aylesford to get some supplies the afternoon before the lockdown began, before that journey would not have been so essential (all my food shops are within walking distance of home). Otherwise working from home so no business or leisure travel.

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
I made one short journey last Friday and had the carriage to myself. I don't have the need to catch the train at the present time as I can either get the bus or use my car as a key worker (and waiting for my free temporary parking permit from the government - if it ever comes)

Status
Not open for further replies.