• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will the May 2020 timetable be affected by the lockdown measures and what will the effects be??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealTrains07

Established Member
Note, Split from: https://www.railforums.co.uk/forums/covid-19-coronavirus-discussion.174/
I know we wont know the full impact until after the next lockdown review.

However, I thought as the new timetable is due to start the week after the review, it would be useful to get a discussion going about what members think the outcomes could be regarding the new timetable and the impacts they will have on the state of services going forward?
Just seen the daily press briefing and I just wanted some imput from the forum over a question by ITV Robert Peston

If members could keep / contribute to 1 or more of the discussion points below that would be very appreciated.

1) Is it likely to that the introduction of the new timetable will be pushed back?
and if so by how long?

2) Is it possible to introduce the timetable on time even if some operators introduce their changes later than others?
For example a few weeks or a month later than other operators?

3) If the timetable goes ahead on time is it likely enough train crew will be available to run the services?

4) Is it as simple as flicking a switch to change from a timetable with reduced services to the may timetable that has brand new services on top of what services were running before the reduced timetables were brought in?

Status
Not open for further replies.