• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Driver Pool - 2021/22

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzdoris

Me too!! Happy days everyone! :D

well done mate! just one more obstacle and your home free. Any tips for the MMI? Also can you fail the SJE?
I would suggest scouring this forum and having two examples for the types of questions you could be asked (that's what I did). You can't fail the SJE, that determines how they question you I believe.

Faz.M

I would suggest scouring this forum and having two examples for the types of questions you could be asked (that's what I did). You can't fail the SJE, that determines how they question you I believe.
Okay thanks for the advice :D

Driver2379

Oh wow, absolutely amazing news! Congratulations!

Booked for the 22nd Feb (in Birmingham). If we pass those tests it sounds like the computer tests/MMI in Watford next :)
Hi hope you can help and well d
Well I've never been to Watford so I don't know what a normal set up is. Two rooms of 8 people with plenty of space. Face masks to be worn at all times. The assessor was lovely and explained everything clearly. Can't fault it :)
Hi

Congratulations on your progress to date. I am due to take my assessment in Birmingham on Monday. Can you confirm how long you were there for and what is the dress code. I have heard either smart casual to a full suit! Also am I correct that its only the paper test no interviews? Many thanks and good luck on the rest of your training

dzdoris

Hi hope you can help and well d

Hi

Congratulations on your progress to date. I am due to take my assessment in Birmingham on Monday. Can you confirm how long you were there for and what is the dress code. I have heard either smart casual to a full suit! Also am I correct that its only the paper test no interviews? Many thanks and good luck on the rest of your training
Thank you :)

I was there for about 3 hours. I went smart casual, kinda office wear. But I'm female so wouldn't recommend wearing the same outfit ;)

Well if it's the same set up as mine (I'm sure your email will tell you) it was just paper tests for stage one :)

Driver2379

Thank you :)

I was there for about 3 hours. I went smart casual, kinda office wear. But I'm female so wouldn't recommend wearing the same outfit ;)

Well if it's the same set up as mine (I'm sure your email will tell you) it was just paper tests for stage one :)
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

RailwayR8

Hi,

Sat my DFFT test earlier this week and felt I only managed to answer 7/20 questions in the 15 minute time period. Any ideas if this would be good enough to pass?

Anthony R

Hi,

Sat my DFFT test earlier this week and felt I only managed to answer 7/20 questions in the 15 minute time period. Any ideas if this would be good enough to pass?
I’ve heard people doing 8 and passing. If you got them all right might be all good.

Dan61

Is the DMI conducted face to face or is it being done online?
Not sure i wondering the same just waiting for them to email witb dates and times

How long have people previously had to wait from passing MMI to having a DMI with West Midlands. Passed mine last week

Last edited:

dzdoris

Not sure i wondering the same just waiting for them to email witb dates and times

How long have people previously had to wait from passing MMI to having a DMI with West Midlands. Passed mine last week
I don't think a week is too long considering how long some people wait. I get how you feel though, we're so close at this point!

Anthony R

Iv got dmi coming up with another toc although I follow them all trying to green anything lol, I read some industry report that said, initial sift sees 46% fail and 40% drop out, assesment see 8% fail and 2% drop out, so from however many applied take off about 96%, 4% through to Dmis. Albeit that report seems to be old as it calls the mmi the cbi still. Still you’ve all all done spectacular by the looks of it if that report is right.

dzdoris

Iv got dmi coming up with another toc although I follow them all trying to green anything lol, I read some industry report that said, initial sift sees 46% fail and 40% drop out, assesment see 8% fail and 2% drop out, so from however many applied take off about 96%, 4% through to Dmis. Albeit that report seems to be old as it calls the mmi the cbi still. Still you’ve all all done spectacular by the looks of it if that report is right.
It does going off that report lol!

I thought you'd applied for WMT as I've seen you on here quite a bit haha.

Jon1930

Good idea to try and go for the other toc, I'd avoid wmt as they have so many trainee drivers sat at home for over a year now and could be at home for another 12 months due to no instructors that want to take on a trainee.

Anthony R

It does going off that report lol!

I thought you'd applied for WMT as I've seen you on here quite a bit haha.
Applied originally but didn’t Hear anything for like three months, so applied to another and within like a week it was moving forward.

GJ_DAN

Good idea to try and go for the other toc, I'd avoid wmt as they have so many trainee drivers sat at home for over a year now and could be at home for another 12 months due to no instructors that want to take on a trainee.
I do worry it'll end up like a Freightliner situation where people got put in the talent pool, then didn't hear anything for months. Plus this whole Covid situation really put a spanner in the works.

WMT seems to be pushing things forward with the Interviews and that though. They did say in the Interview to me they need to get people into training since people are retiring.