• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

XC Hst diversions tomorow Derby - Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Established Member
Hi there was just wondering if anybody out there could let me know if it is possible tomorrow to do Derby-Birmingham via Leicester tomorrow by XC HST and also could anyone gen me up on the departure times from Derby please it would be of great help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Didnt know there were any diversions, hope they stop at Tamworth :lol: thats one of my planned moves tomorrow doubt ill do derby on a WMDR....

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can't see any signs of a diversion. The usual diversionary route between Derby and Birmingham is usually via Lichfield avoiding Tamworth (unless you count via Whitacre Junction as a diversion! ;)), but there's no evidence that I can find of that occurring tomorrow. In the past there have been diversions via Leicester, but that's a very long way round!

tynesider

Block on the normal route (don't know where) from 2345 SATURDAY to 1130 SUNDAY.

Diversions via Leicester on Sunday morning.

The 09:00 ex Leeds (via Derby at 10:33) ran via Leicester last week, as can be seen from TheRailwayCentre's Picture of the Day for January 11th:

http://www.therailwaycentre.com/Picture of the Day index/Old_POD_January2010.html

This train is due to arrive Birmingham 11:44, so that would suggest the route via Leicester being used. The service is not shown to call there. I haven't done any poking about for other affected services.

Block also listed on XC alterations:
http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk...train_times_Sat_16_to_Sun_17_January_2010.pdf

So its a pretty safe bet I'd say!

David

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Phoenix - I suggest you go on Sunday instead :) The last trains tomorrow leave before the block and go normal route.

Block on the normal route (don't know where) from 2345 SATURDAY to 1130 SUNDAY.

Diversions via Leicester on Sunday morning.

This train is due to arrive Birmingham 11:44, so that would suggest the route via Leicester being used. The service is not shown to call there. I haven't done any poking about for other affected services.

This is indeed correct i believe its the first 2 trains from Leeds southbound on sundays. From what i know its the next 2 sundays cant remember if its 3 sundays though as seen here http://www.trainpics.net/p62886887.html

Status
Not open for further replies.