• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

You May Be Intrested In This...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Derek Kaye said:
On the topic of randomly clearing signals, a tecnique that I am incorprating into the next release of my route for request stops and other features could be implememnted.
This is to make use of the BRR language and create BRF files which you can set percentage chances of things happening and what happens if it does or doesn't happen.

Sounds intresting! :) I'm going to bluff BVE this time with some clever coding, combining the signal command and .x files with signal freeobjs. :p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
Derek Kaye said:
On the topic of randomly clearing signals, a tecnique that I am incorprating into the next release of my route for request stops and other features could be implememnted.
This is to make use of the BRR language and create BRF files which you can set percentage chances of things happening and what happens if it does or doesn't happen.

Be interested to see how this idea works out. For request stops on DOO trains, it is possible to get passengers to request pickup by making them appear as random freeobjects on platforms and using F6 to control the doors. Have not figured out how to request a set down yet.

Tom B

Established Member
Dennis said:
BTW - seeing Bills Didcot photos almost inspired me create the run into the discharge facility at Berkely power station, but the thought of crawling along at such slow speeds for an extended period of time put me off - I for one would never have the patience to drive through such a facility.

Oooh - that would quite cool if you did it. Be able to model the rest of the power station too. Anyway if people don't want to drive that bit, they don't have to ;).

Derek Kaye

I have got the request stop randomisation working fully. There may be people wanting to get off.. there may not. there may be people waiting to get on.. there may not. It will be different every time. Simon Gathercole is also working on a pluggin so that the buzz is done from the train and not an announce file.

Guinness

Established Member
Finally got around to trying the route on a 156. Have to say quite a good route. Although I'm confused why a "limited stop" doesn't stop at Aston Market where the InterCity trains seem to and why the 47 at the end sounds like a HST.

Minor quibbles.... 8-)

The Snap

Established Member
Chaz said:
Finally got around to trying the route on a 156. Have to say quite a good route. Although I'm confused why a "limited stop" doesn't stop at Aston Market where the InterCity trains seem to and why the 47 at the end sounds like a HST.

Minor quibbles.... 8-)

The train doesn't stop at Aston market as I just randomly decided to make it not. I thought it would be a good idea to have a through route from Aston Town to Fairfield Rd, but I suppose there isn't much point as you can only go 40mph anyway, so you might as well stop! I might get rid of those very tight curves in that tunnel before Aston market, so you can get up to a much higher speed! Wait and see...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.