• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

07/08: 1B85 Scunthorpe - Manchester Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCR247

Established Member
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y00289/2015/08/07/advanced

I arrived onto platform 6 at Sheffield this evening at around 1715 to see the above service formed of 2x185, with the rear set locked OOU (I don't think the engines in the rear seat were on, but that could be eco-mode deceiving me!). A few minutes later the doors shut and were locked seemingly as normal, but then the 185s were split. Ok I thought, the rear set is being left in Sheffield (I assumed down to the Scunthorpe disruption), but they then coupled them back together. They then sat there (with doors locked) for another 5 minutes or so (in which time the green signal was changed back to red) and my train was diverted into P5 (at the last minute :roll:) and left Sheffield before the TPE.

Does anyone know what the issue was? Just curious really :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1D53

Established Member
Coupler fault with one of the 185's.

Status
Not open for further replies.