• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

0718 LDS-YRK

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
I’ve started getting the 0729 Garforth - York (which is 2T05, the 0718 Leeds - York).

According to RTT, this service has left Leeds at least 5 mins late for both of the last two days, and continued to lose time along the way.

Just wondered why it would be consistently late in leaving Leeds? Is there an issue with paths out of Leeds that means it never gets out on time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 9

Eastbound stopping services are regularly held at Leeds for late running expresses.
It's a trade off, 5 minute or so delay to stopper, or if the stopper goes first, then it can result in a 10 to 15 minute delay to the express.

alexl92

Established Member
Ah, okay. Was wondering if it was a regular thing as if so I’d have to look at travelling earlier… I’m not made for a dash across town before 8am on a regular basis!

Thanks!

Veteran Member
Ah, okay. Was wondering if it was a regular thing as if so I’d have to look at travelling earlier… I’m not made for a dash across town before 8am on a regular basis!

Thanks!
RTT says yesterday's train arrived York on time (no obvious reason for the late running), and today's 3 late.
You will soon get a feel for how the train runs, but it is wise to allow for a few minutes' delay on your commute. The occasional serious delay you can't plan for.

Status
Not open for further replies.