• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

0759 Woodgrange Park - Hampstead Heath extended to Willesden Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.

12CSVT

Established Member
The 0759 Woodgrange Park to Hampstead Heath will run through to Willesden Junction Low Level in the timetable change next weekend. Curiously it is allowed 17 minutes from Kensal Rise to its destination and apparantly 'overtaken' by a North London Line service according to National Rail Enquiries.

It would appear the reason for this change is the amount of time it takes for all the passengers to alight at Hampstead Heath, potentially delaying other services.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Having played Willesden Suburban on SimSig I know exactly why that allowance is there ;)

But I guess it is to not delay the frequent Bakerloo and Overground trains on the low level as if the SimSig is accurate both northbound and southbound trains must be stopped and a train cannot leave Harlesden (or rather, the signal round the corner from it) southbound whilst the route is set into the bay platform! So I guess they just have to wait for a slot in the Bakerloo/Overground below which could take up to 12 minutes I guess if there are minor delays on the Bakerloo line!

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
A 172 into the Bay? Now that is something I have seen but always wanted to do. :D

hick

It's been running to Willesden High Level as a trial for a number of weeks until the paperwork could be sorted for clearance for the 172 to the bay in passenger service

IanD

Established Member
That's great - much easier to access than the other services that use the bay. Just need one leaving the bay at a reasonable time too.

12CSVT

Established Member
I'm sure that a lot of BLS members will be glad they will be able to do Kensal Green Junction to Willesden Suburban Junction in the westbound direction without being stuck at Willesden Junction at half past midnight.

Eastbound has always been possible, 0537 Euston - Watford Jct gets to Willesden Jct at 0551, in time to catch 0558 Willesden Jct (Low Level) - Stratford

IanD

Established Member
Eastbound has always been possible, 0537 Euston - Watford Jct gets to Willesden Jct at 0551, in time to catch 0558 Willesden Jct (Low Level) - Stratford

Possible but not exactly at a reasonable time!

However, I had forgotten about the 900 departure on a Sunday morning.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I'm sure that a lot of BLS members will be glad they will be able to do Kensal Green Junction to Willesden Suburban Junction in the westbound direction without being stuck at Willesden Junction at half past midnight.

What do you mean being stuck? The westbound into the bay connects with the last couple of departures to Queens Park, from where the 6 runs into central London every 12 minutes on Friday nights. Get your connections there. <D

Status
Not open for further replies.